Butterfly Tours is a locally-run, Cambodian students’ company that passionately introduces visitors to the rich yet often unseen gems of Battambang, Siem Reap, and Kampot. All our tours are eco-friendly and thoroughly enjoyable, suitable for all ages and anyone in good physical health.
Founder, Butterfly Tours
Pheap is a great tour guide who knows a lot about the history and culture of Cambodia. He started the Butterfly Tours experience when he was still a student at university in Battambang. During 2012, he started offering bicycle tours around Battambang, which quickly became popular among tourists. Pheap is very friendly and speaks excellent English, which makes him perfect for hosting tourists from all over the world. He has hosted many tourists already and most of them have enjoyed taking a bicycle tour with him. Now his experience goes beyond its origins in Battambang – he has expanded his services to Siem Reap and Kampot. These days, Pheap lives and works in Kampot, but he has a team of tour guides in Siem Reap who can offer the same great experience to visitors. So if you’re ever in Cambodia, don’t forget to try Pheap’s bicycle tour!
By choosing to take our tours, you will inevitably benefit the local Cambodian communities we engage with on a regular basis. Whether you choose to view the countryside by oxcart, sample our local cuisine, or help plant some paddy, you are already ensuring the sustainability of Cambodia’s local ways of life.
Besides being one of the best ways to view the Cambodian countryside, cycling is a sustainable, eco-friendly way of getting around. And they are a lot of fun and do wonders for your health and heart!
All our tours are led by local English-speaking student guides who are more than happy to share about the country they know and love. Get to know our guides, and form lasting friendships with them!
Our tours are specially designed for you to:
– Take a relaxing bike ride through local Cambodian villages in Battambang, Siem Reap, and Kampot—away from the usual tourist hotspots
– View and photograph magnificent scenery of the Cambodian countryside
– Observe Cambodia’s rural ways of life—visit local temples and learn about the variety of cottage industries, as well as our rich agricultural livelihoods
– Immerse yourself in “the local”—sample authentic Cambodian cuisine and learn about our unique Khmer customs and culture!
– Meet friendly Cambodian children and villagers!
Our tours benefit local Cambodian communities:
– We train local students and youths to be your guides, in turn offering them employment and leadership opportunities
– We personally nurture and develop leadership and managerial skills of our Butterfly team members, who are mostly made up of Cambodian youths from poor backgrounds
On a larger scale, our tours seek to:
– Educate visitors on the socio-cultural, economic, and political situation of Cambodia
– Deepen visitors’ knowledge on local Cambodian cultures and customs
– Support the integrity of local cultures by favoring businesses and local goods that conserve the cultural heritage and traditional values of Cambodia
– Support the local economy through the purchase of local goods from small Cambodian businesses
– Conserve the local environment by engaging business that are eco-friendly and sustainable
– Develop sustainable forms of tourism that create more jobs and support local Cambodian trade and investment