How much cycling experience do I need?
- Not much, as long as you’re in good health and can ride a bike! Please note: On average, our tours are 20 kilometers in distance. However, we take constant breaks during tours, so many don’t actually feel the distance.
Are there age restrictions for your tour?
- Nope! We welcome everyone—the young and the young at heart!
How do you charge for your tours?
- When you sign up for our tours, you have 3 options: (1) Join our regular tour group; (2) Sign up as a family; or (3) Take a private tour. Our tour prices vary based on these 3 options and the tour’s destination. Tour prices are listed on our tour pages, under the “Prices” tab.
Do your tour prices include tips?
- Prices only cover the cost of the tour. You’re more than welcome to tip your guides!
Is pickup and drop off included?
- Yes! Let us know where you’re located in the tour booking form, and we will come by to pick you up and drop you off after your tour ends.
What does Butterfly Tours supply?
- We provide top quality bikes and helmets, water, some light snacks, and a cold refreshing towel at the end of your tour!
Do I need travel insurance when taking your tours?
- Yes, it is extremely important that you have your own travel insurance that covers all medical expenses.
What should I bring?
- Be prepared for some sunny cycling, so sunscreen and sunglasses are a must! You could also opt to bring some insect repellent if you’re susceptible to insect bites. And of course, never forget your camera!
How big are your tour groups?
- We keep all our tours small, only 2-8 riders at a time. This enables your guides to ensure your safety and comfort at all times.
How should I dress?
- We recommend wearing simple and light clothing—cotton t-shirts and shorts are great. Keep it decent through; we often ride through local villages where dressing is more conservative, so skimpy clothing is out.